This webinar will discuss and define palliative care and older adults, assessment, interventions and common issues.
After viewing this webinar, the participant will be able to:
- Describe palliative care
- Explain the trajectories of illness
- Designate diagnoses appropriate for palliative care in the older adult
- List geriatric syndromes seen in palliative care
- Explain palliative care in the Intensive Care Unit and the older adult
- Define palliative care and hospice care; differences and likenesses
The presenter has no conflict of interest. This activity has no commercial support or sponsorship.
The New York University College of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.