This webinar explores the impact of transitions in care on older adults’ health and well-being. Recognition of care transitions and factors that contribute to negative and positive outcomes in older adults will be discussed. An emphasis will be placed on evidence-based resources, tools and interventions that promote positive outcomes. Guidelines for managing relocation to a new home, a specific type of transition, will also be highlighted.
After viewing this webinar the participant will be able to:
- Recognize common care transitions that occur in the practice setting where employed
- Discuss factors leading to negative and positive outcomes related to care transitions
- Identify evidence-based resources and tools related to care transitions
- Describe key components of interventions that promote positive outcomes related to care transitions
- Compare and contrast relocation to a new home to other types of care transitions
The presenter has no conflict of interest. This activity has no commercial support or sponsorship.
The New York University College of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.